Thursday

My Cat Got F.I.P Virus

Hey guys. This is so much heart breaking moment more than ever to me. Poor Happy, my little baby. He is my cutest, nicest cat ever.

Last month Happy was diagnosed as FIP infected. I took him to the vet hospital at UPM, as I see him depressed, not playing around as usual and his breathing was kind of hard. I also noticed that his appetite decreased and he prefer to sit in the corner rather than playing with his brother, Goofy. FYI, the chest part was kind of swollen or bigger than usual. So im certain that something is wrong with Happy.



The vet showed me the x-ray film of Happy's lung. She told me that there's liquid inside his lung, that cause him hardly breath and this symptom is usually showed by cats infected by FIP. So that's the first time I heard of it. I went to Google and read a lot about this. Happy's blood test result analysed with high protein and albumen. So doc said its probably FIP.

All friends from my facebook group suggested me to bring Happy home rather than leave him became experiment or lab rat to the training veterinary students. They said I'd better take care of Happy with love while he is still with me. So I paid RM400 (which is expensive for one night ward fee) and took Happy home.

This was the beginning of sad journey in my life taking care of my sick cat, and I watched his health decreasing gradually. He became weak and weaker. He move less than he usually move, sitting alone at a corner and isolated himself from everybody. It is hard to touch him since doctor said that the only thing that can kill the virus is bleach. So I had to wash my hand with bleach every time.

                           


I cuddled him less and lesser when he refused to let me. I just stroke his head and body. Doctor said no shower allowed.his fur becane flakey as he don't even clean itself since he's sick. Happy became so thin, refused to eat. I forced heeding hin until force feed don't work anymore. One morning, l went out to see my lecturer, to discuss about my research. So I stayed at my rent house that night. The next morning, I got a call from my mom. She told me that Happy is not with us anymore, returned to the Creator.

I feel so sad because I wasn't there with him. So I cried everytime I think of him. I hope that this entry will help FIP cat owner to ready for their cat's lost.

Rip Happy.
Tears.;(